Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to Camdyn (almost)



Today was the day of Camdyn's fourth birthday party. We have been trying to explain to her that although her party was today, she was not turning four until her actual birthday on Tuesday. She woke up this morning with the certainty that this was in fact her birthday party day and the day she turns four. We decided to just go along with it. She has been anticipating turning four for so long, that it was a very big deal for her to actually "get four", as she says. When we would ask her if she needed help with things like opening a package, etc., she would say, "No thanks, I can do it now, because I'm four." Or, "You don't have to help me get dressed, Mommy, because I'm four now." We started the day opening presents from GG and Pa and Nanny and Papa, then went to ballet and then had a fun fairy princess party. Before she went to bed tonight, she asked me, "Mommy, am I still four?" So the dilema now is, what do we do on Tuesday, her actual birthday? Do we act like its a normal day, or do we try to make her realize its her special day? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would celebrate again. You only turn 4 once in your life. We always had another cake and dinner just for Ryan and us on the actual day. That way we had cake twice.

Shirley