Friday, December 25, 2009

Meet Kaya




Camdyn and her cousins each picked an American Girl doll for Christmas from GG and Pa. A few months ago, Camdyn picked out Kaya, the Native American, then changed her mind to have whichever doll one of her cousins had also picked out. After a long talk about "being your own person" and "doing what you like, not trying to be like someone else" she then went back to her first pick. As a mom, this felt like a small victory. I was so proud of her for making her own choice! Yes, I know its only a doll. But we have to start somewhere. Dolls today, body piercings and halter tops tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that doll. You did a great job picking her out Camdyn.
Shirley

Becca Ann said...

You are a great mom and Camdyn is a smart, smart girl!!!