
Charlie has a new infatuation with Mary. As in The Virgin Mary. The other day, he asked me, "Mom, if God hates me, will Mary still love me?" His Trinity consists of God, Jesus, and Mary. Last night, after Charlie said "I hate those snow plows." (Hate is his new favorite word.) Camdyn said, "Charlie, we don't say the word 'hate' because that's a mean word and we love God." To which Charlie replied, "And Mary!"
5 comments:
I love reading this blog - because your children are adorable, funny, smart people, and because your humor makes me laugh out loud. I come here for a dose of each! :)
At least you aren't actually Catholic & don't have Mary statues lying around. When my cousin (who is Catholic) was 3, she carried around a ceramic statue of Mary like she was a doll. She would talk to her, eat with her, take her to school etc, etc.... Plus she went to Catholic pre-school and the nuns thought it was great.
I love my little grandson! I think children intuitively know that there must be some feminine aspect of the Triune God.
Nanny
I think he is infatuated with the mother of Jesus just like he is with his own wonderful mother.
Shirley
Becca: that's epic
Alethea: your children are so wonderful. i can't get enough.
Post a Comment