Thursday, August 17, 2006

Change is Bitter Sweet



We have finally finished getting Camdyn's new room ready! After setting up the furniture (which used to belong to her great Grandma and Grandpa Barron) and painting (isn't the green perfect) and finding all her new bedding (hurray for TJ Max and Pottery Barn!) we were finally ready to let her spend her first night in her new big girl bed. She was very excited and reminded us as she ran to her room that "I'm a big girl now and I have a big room with a BIG bed!" However, after the lights were turned out and our prayers were said, she wispered ever so softly, "Momma, I want to sleep in my wittle room. I'm not really a big girl..I'm still wittle." So, dear friends and family do you know how close I came to breaking down and saying, "OK, baby, you are still my little girl, you can sleep in your little bed." But, instead, I reminded her of all her friends that already sleep in big beds..Ashley, Meghan, Robin, Eloise. She seemed satisfied with that answer and eventhough I'm listening intently for her cries, she hasn't made a peep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camdyn is so sweet in her big girl bed. Great color combo with the green and pink. Linda

Jackie David Johns said...

Oh my. It is bittersweet to see her grow. You are a great mom!
nana

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm lots of room for me in there too we can christen your big girl bed ,I loved eating your pussy on your birthday I want more