Camdyn got a new pack of play-doh with 24 different colors this week. She loves to play with it, but one of her favorite activities is mixing the colors to make one big play-doh "pancake". Justin and I have been getting frustrated and scolding her for mixing up all the colors. Today, though, I thought that maybe we were being too adult-like and not enough childlike when it comes to play-doh. Why not mix the colors? Who says that pink and green and blue and gold have to stay seperate all the time? Isn't it more fun for Camdyn when they are all mixed together? Isn't this the classic "color inside the lines" dilema that all parents face? After all, its "PLAY-doh" not "organized and neat-doh".
1 comment:
Wow, I have had that same struggle! I was always required to keep the colors separate, and so I've tried to instill that in Ashley, but I think you're right...if it's fun to smoosh it all together, then why not? And it's not like it costs a fortune to go get some fresh colors if you desperately need them!
Post a Comment