Thursday, March 22, 2007

This Baby Don't Need No Rice Cereal


I would like to take the liberty of using this blog as a brief soap box for one of my little pet peeves...giving rice cereal to babies as a cure all for being too small ("If you give them some cereal they will get more calories.") or too big (They're so big, they must need more than just milk to fill them up.") or not sleeping well ("Surely some cereal will keep them full and help them sleep through the night.") I just want to brag a little on my breastmilk only, very fat, sleeping through the night, bundle of joy who won't be getting any rice cereal for a few more months.
Future soap box topics:
Juice or soft drinks in the bottle...recipe for future diabetes?
Sleeping with the bottle...good for your teeth?
What defines "constipation" in a baby?
Why is MLGW still allowed to operate?
Jimmy Carter...possibly the greatest American we'll ever know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the cereal. Ryan never had any. He was totally breast feed until 6 months and he was a big boy like Charlie. Charlie sure looks like he's not hurting in the least.

Shirley

Kelly said...

I have a soap box topic for you: "Whole Grapes for Babies - Yes or No"

Anonymous said...

He's such a beautiful, beautiful baby!