
We have been on a blog break for the last few weeks due to a non-working camera. Don't fear, the new camera will be here soon and we can all resume that increasingly addicting task of catalouging Camdyn's and Charlie's lives in cyber space. Our summer has been very busy! We spent two weeks on vacation, then GG came for a week. I started work at the beginning of the month and Camdyn is now back in preschool 3 days a week. She has a new school uniform of which she is very proud and for which we are very thankful (No more arguing over outfits in the morning!). Charlie is learning how to crawl and is into everything. We have had several near death mishaps and are trying to safety proof the house as quickly as we can!
In case you are wondering, this is a picture of the old oak tree in the front yard of my Grandmother Bridges' house. Seeing it makes me think of my grandfather who spent years sitting in his rocking chair on the front porch, watching the tree. I wish I could ask him what he was thinking all those years he spent rocking, but after a recent trip to South Carolina, I, too, took refuge on the porch, under the shade of the tree, and felt a little closer to understanding why he found that spot so peaceful. This picture is also in honor of my grandmother, Thelma Bridges, who will soon celebrate her 91st birthday!
3 comments:
So glad to have you back. Love the tree.
Shirley
Sounds like it's time to bolt the furniture down to the floor!
That is a beautiful tree. I would like to sit under it.
Post a Comment