Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mystery Solved


Camdyn and I had this conversation in the car yesterday. She has been asking a lot of questions about Jesus, heaven, and the cross lately. She is on a quest to find the ACTUAL cross that Jesus died on and will ask, whenever she see a cross, "Mommy, is this it, is this Jesus's cross?" So in that light, here was our conversation started when driving by a church:
Mommy, a cross! I see a cross!
Do you remember what the cross means, Camdyn?

It means Jesus wuvs us, and he died on it.
That's right, it also means if we love Him and ask him to, he will will forgive us of our sins, and one day we will go to heaven.

Mommy, do we go to heaven wiff Jesus when we are died?
Yes, one day.

Mommy, how does Jesus get us to heaven?

I don't know. That's a mystery. That means we don't know the answer, we just have to believe.

Mommy, I know the mystery. Jesus comes with the angels because they have wings, and they fly with him from heaven and that's how we get back wiff him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alethea, it was such a treat to have Camdyn in children's church when you visited New Covenant recently. Little girls like Camdyn are such a blessing to me - little girls who have obviously been instilled with a sense of their own worth and capability, who are so comfortable in expressing themselves. While working in childcare, I worked with many children Camdyn's age who were already so wounded. When I see Camdyn, I think "Wow. She must have great parents."

And I very much appreciated that she volunteered to pray repeatedly that none of us would get "sit" (sick) anytime soon. :)

Anonymous said...

We are all blessed to have Camdyn in our lives. She already knows more theology than I do.

Pa