Justin and I almost felt like little kids again. After eight years in Memphis, we were so happy to be back in a town that still celebrates Halloween. Our neighborhood is trick-or-treat central and it was so much fun!! The Haymarket police even come and pass out candy on our street. As you can see, we recycled Charlie's costume from last year, but Camdyn kept with her super hero them and chose to be Super Girl this year.
Please note: I intentionally said, "Halloween" because we purposefully are reclaiming the holiday. Not "Fall Festival" or "Harvest Day", or any other made up pseudo-Christian attempt to change a great and wonderful celebration for children.
2 comments:
Every one looks great. I always loved Halloween. It was so much fun to dress up and get candy. Ms. Smith across the street was always a witch with a black cauldron with smoke coming out. It scared me and yet I always looked forward to it. Fond memories. Thanks for stirring them.
Shirley
These are great pics. I missed being with you all.
Nanny
Post a Comment