Friday, January 14, 2011

My Apple



"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." There are days when Camdyn proves this old saying is true. A few nights ago, she had been sent to clean her room before and after dinner. After several hours in her room, I went up to inspect her progress. This is what I found. She was lying under her canopy and when I walked in her first words were, "I'm exhausted. I'm just too exhausted to clean my room." First, I am sure I pulled this one on my parents more than once. Second, I'm also sure she has heard me say those words, "I'm too exhausted to clean" more than once. So, her behavior is part genetic and part learned. I promised my parents I would post this video for them. I knew they would appreciate the irony.

ps. The "You're not coming out of your room until it is clean." tactic actually worked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such irony. Such wonderful irony!
Mom