Thursday, August 11, 2005

Country roads...take me home...



We went up to Chilhowee Mtn yesterday afternoon for a swim in the lake and cookout. Camdyn was not very excited about swimming in this water. Perhaps it was the fact that she could see schools of fish swimming under her? And our cookout was a bust because we didn't bring enough charcoal. HOWEVER, it was worth the trip simply for the view. This spot on the way up the mountain. These mountains are part of what define "home" for me. Living in Memphis, I am always struck by how refreshing it feels to come back to the Smokies. When we stopped the car for this picture, Camdyn looked out the window and said, "Wow.." My thoughts exactly. I've also added these picures for my friends Emily and Jon, missionaries extrordinaire, who I know miss these mountains, river, and lakes as much as me.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Before I even read your blog I knew where this picture was taken. I just smiled and sighed as it came up. Thanks for sending a piece of home to us through cyberspace!
Emily

Anonymous said...

I've always loved that view and I miss it also.