Monday, August 11, 2008

A Day in the Life of Mommy



The other day I experienced something most mothers experience every day, but with added commentary from Camdyn that made my almost tears turn to laughter:
I was busy preparing grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids and gave Charlie some rice to eat while he waited. When I looked up from the stove, I saw the rice thrown all over the kitchen. (Throwing food is one of our current behavior issues with Charlie.) Camdyn, who had been practicing her skipping, said very matter of factly, "He's been doing that forever and ever." I asked her why she didn't tell me about it so I could stop him and she said, "Well, I thought I would just let him surprise you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least Camdyn didn't ruin the surprise for you. Everyone needs a surprise now and then. Especially a gummy rice-flinging surprise. :) This made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of motherhood!
Shirley

Emily said...

Ok, this is funny!

Linda said...

I told Kevin this story and it cracked him up. It made me laugh, too, but it really made Kevin laugh. He really appreciated Camdyn's thought process.