Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Junior Garden


Today is Camdyn's first day at her new school, Christ Methodist Day School. She starts Junior Kindergarten or as she calls it, "Junior Garden at That Methodist School". Her teacher's name is Mrs. Greenway and this morning Camdyn asked me why she had the word "green" in her name. "Mother, do you think her face is green or something?"
I think Justin and I were more nervous for her than she was for herself! Today was her first day of the carpool line, which means we have to drop her off and she walks into her classroom all by herself! Yesterday, when I heard that from her teacher, I almost had tears in my eyes. Of course, Camdyn was completely non-chalant about the entire thing. As if walking herself into a brand new school without mommy or daddy there to hold her hand was no big deal!!

3 comments:

Jackie David Johns said...

Such a big day and Camdyn seems so "grown up" and ready for school. Times flies. Only yesterday that Alethea went to her pre-school all dressed up and excited that she went to school on the same campus as mom and dad. Remember the mummy in the library that you had to walk by in order to get to dad's office?
mom

Anonymous said...

Camdyn does look so grown up. I hope she has a wonderful year.
Shirley

LG said...

awwww she is so grown up