
This afternoon I was reminded why being Camdyn's mother is such a special job. After picking her up from her half day of preschool, I left Camdyn alone in the playroom so Charlie could take a nap and I could do some work on the computer. I started to smell a very strong, very sweet smell coming from the play room. When I went in, there was an empty bottle of my perfume on the floor and Camdyn was sitting there watching Anne of Green Gables. I asked her about the perfume, and she said, very matter of factly, "Well, I thought I would spray it on the window and on the couch and in my hair."
OK, I can deal with a little perfume.
Then a few hours later I overheard Camdyn talking to Charlie on the baby monitor. When I went in to question her as to WHY she had gone into Charlie's room during his nap, she said, "Well, I heard him coughing. He was awake and I wanted to keep him company." I explained as calmly as I could that coughing is not the same as being awake and would you please go to your room because you know better than to go into Charlie's room during nap time.
OK. She made a mistake. I can deal with that.
Then a few minutes later I heard hysterical screams from Camdyn's room. "Mommy!! I had a rubber band in my mouth and had it around my teeth like Nanny used to do, then it went down my throat!!! Mommy! I have an orange rubber band in my throat!! Mommy!!!!!" After inspection, I decided the rubber band was likely in her tummy and declared all would be well. But for hours later, "Mother, I am so worried about the rubber band! Am I going to throw up or be sick or something? Am I going to die?!"
OK. So why did we opt for those half days of Jr. K again?
2 comments:
A little girl after my own heart...it is amazing that she remembers the rubber bands.
Nanny
She's precocious thats for sure!
Post a Comment