We had a great family walk at the Wolf River Greenway today and stopped by Chick-fil-a for lunch. The highlight of our hike was the snake we saw slithering across the path in front of us! I think I did a great job of containing my terror and not letting the kids know I was freaking out inside. These family times have become more important to Justin and myself. School, soccer, work, holidays.. The list could go on and on with activities that take time, but don't really build relationships. We want our children to have memories full of time spent together. Treasures stored up that will hopefully help make our passage through those dreaded teen years a little smoother. Hopefully!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Storing Up Treasures
We had a great family walk at the Wolf River Greenway today and stopped by Chick-fil-a for lunch. The highlight of our hike was the snake we saw slithering across the path in front of us! I think I did a great job of containing my terror and not letting the kids know I was freaking out inside. These family times have become more important to Justin and myself. School, soccer, work, holidays.. The list could go on and on with activities that take time, but don't really build relationships. We want our children to have memories full of time spent together. Treasures stored up that will hopefully help make our passage through those dreaded teen years a little smoother. Hopefully!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know this was just a short little blurb, but it was beautifully written. What a blessing for Camdyn and Charlie to have parents like you and Justin.
The two of you lead us busy lives. You always amaze me with the way you work in to your schedules those special family times that you all will remember.
Shirley
Post a Comment