Sunday, June 22, 2008

Step Aside Karl Barth....

Camdyn and I had a great discussion over breakfast that turned to a favorite topic...God. She began by saying that she knew God was watching over us, and Jesus was walking around in our hearts. When I said that Jesus was in heaven watching over us, too, she replied, "No, he's taking a rest and reading a book because he's tired from dying on the cross." The rest of our conversation is similar to this video. She only agreed to repeat herself on video when I suggested that Papa or Nanny might want to hear this and use it for future Children's Sermons. Afterwards, I told her that I thought she had good ideas about God and she quickly said, "No, these aren't IDEAS, this is how I KNOW it is." I think that the book Jesus is reading is supposed to be an anatomy book (one of her new fascinations). I don't know where the whole part about "Mommy can do anything she wants, she's a doctor" came from, but I won't correct her...for now.

3 comments:

Johnmark said...

That explains so much to me. Revivals are best when held at night because that's when the Holy Spirit is on duty!

Anonymous said...

So so wonderful Camdyn. There is some great sermon material. Perhaps you can do the children's sermon next time you are visiting New Covenant!
Nanny

Anonymous said...

Your children make me smile. What lovely, precious little people.