Ok, so technically this is not the true first day of fall. But when you live in the South, you can not accept that autumn begins in September. In my somewhat twisted mind, October 1st has become my most favorite day of the year. It signifies, "Fall is here!" and with it we begin the month of pumpkins, beautiful weather, painted landscapes, costumes, candy, festivals, and Camdyn's Birthday. All of this quickly moves to Thanksgiving, Charlie's Birthday, and finally Christmas. What is my least favorite day of the year? January 1st. My Fantastic Season of Celebrations is over on January 1st and I have to trudge through the yucky months of January and February.
So today was the launching of my new holiday, The Fabulous First Day of Fall. Of course, what holiday would be complete without its very own pumpkin cake, decorated with orange and green sprinkles and tiny candy pumpkins?! I am sure my children are destined to get that question wrong on a science test someday. They will say, "September Equinox? What happened to October 1st?"
8 comments:
Wow Alethea! what a beautiful cake and a beautiful daughter!
Nanny
I agree! I love October and New England in the fall is the absolute best time of the year. Of course, the fact that my birthday is in October, too, may make me partial...
Haha, I totally agree; I know it starts in September, but October means autumn to me. That cake is really beautiful!
That cake looks so yummy! I hope there's still some left for debate-watching! :)
I love this! What a beautiful idea and cake! Camdyn looks beautiful.
I agree. This is the start of a wonderful time of the year. I would love to eat cake with you and Camdyn.
Shirley
Shirley,
We wish you could come eat cake with us, too! Just tell me when you want to come, and we will have your room ready for you!
Alethea
Post a Comment